Five Feng Shui Certification Tips for Better SleepJuly 6, 2017
Many people report feeling sleep-deprived and tired through the day. They often turn to sleeping medication, only to have it lose effectiveness over time. Many times, sleep disturbances arise from poor bedroom layout and distractions, which make it difficult for over-stimulated minds to rest. Feng Shui certification includes tips for bedroom conditions that support improved sleep. Here are five of them:
- Check bed position: The location of your bed is the most important consideration when applying Feng Shui to your bedroom. If the energy around it is unsettled, you will never feel ready for sleep. There should be room on each side to get into bed. If one side is against a wall or blocked with furniture, that reduces energy flow and causes restriction and stress. Do not line your bed up with a door, even if it gets to a bathroom. Keep all doors closed at night except for entering and exiting.
- Prioritize comfort: Since you spend one third of your life asleep, you should make your bed comfortable anyway. Poor quality mattresses prevent deep sleep, but also affect Feng Shui. Purchase a good-quality mattress that supports your body well. Also, use bedding made from natural fibers, since those do not generate static electricity that will keep you awake.
- Consider your bedroom a refuge: When you enter the bedroom, you should leave behind any troubles you faced during the day. Keep your bedroom free of electronic devices, including tablets, mobile phones and televisions. Do not read websites or answer email from bed. You should mark your bedroom off as a screen-free zone. If you use your phone as an alarm clock or want it in your room because you live alone, set it on “Do Not Disturb” when you enter the bedroom, and place it screen-down so you are not overwhelmed by its glow.
- Simulate natural light cycles: Your mind takes signals from the environment on when to sleep and wake up. You can simulate these conditions with light timers that dim lights as you sleep and activate them when you wake up. This produces a gentler wake cycle than a blaring alarm. There are also alarm clocks that simulate the setting and rising sun with the accompaniment of soft chimes. People who face sleep issues often find these clocks are more effective than prescription sleep medication.
- Maintain a solid night ritual: If a stressful job or challenging life situation makes sleep seem like a distant memory, find a way to clear your mind before you enter your bedroom. Dim lights, listen to music and meditate before you sleep. Do not read the news or other stressful material. Make a deal that once you lay down to rest, you will no longer revisit the issues of the day. This helps you bring less negative energy to your bedroom so you can get the sleep you need.
To create a bedroom layout that is optimal for good sleep, contact Feng Shui Designs, Inc. to enroll in Feng Shui certification classes today.
Categorised in: Feng Shui Certification