As a business owner looking to improve business success and workplace energy, consider becoming an expert in the practice of feng shui. The first step to take in order to reach these goals is to sign up for feng shui classes online, which can be completed from the comfort and convenience of your own home or office! For a peek at what you will learn, let’s run through some simple tips to feng shui your office:
- Clear the clutter: Your work desk is not your dining room table. You can’t just toss all your bags, files and product samples on your desk and leave them there all day. Why? Well, for a couple reasons. First, office clutter invites bad feng shui by inhibiting the free flow of Qi, creates chaos and stress and blocks concentration. And second, it’s likely you are not the only person in the office, so your desk clutter is probably having a negative impact on your coworkers, too. Organize all paperwork into their respective folders and clear your desk of unnecessary items.
- Make individual office spaces calm: Every person works best in a setting that is catered to them, which is why it’s important that you let your employees set up their work areas in a way that is the most comfortable for them. Allowing employees to invent their own workspace (within reason) is liable to decrease stress, elevate relaxation and promote individual success, all of which are elements that contribute to your business’s overall success.
- Don’t put desks face to face: One of the quickest ways to make your team members feel uneasy is to place their desks facing each other. This goes against the principles of feng shui, as it can lead to confrontation and annoying one another. Unfortunately, it is all too easy to fall into this type of setup trap in an office—especially in spaces with an open floor plan or when two people sharing an office with a door. Such an awkward work environment can be avoided when desks do not face each other.
- Get a potted plant: Not only would a potted plant be a lovely addition to any desk, but many low pollen plants also possess the ability to absorb toxins from the air. This is good feng shui practice. These types of plants include bamboo palm, spider plant, devil’s ivy and the moth orchid. Give each employee a healthy plant to ward off negative energy and nasty toxins. And because you don’t want clutter, remember to get small plants!
- Hang crystals: Using crystals in the office is a popular way to feng shui a space. Hang crystals around the office to absorb negative energy, and in turn, good energy can return to flowing freely. You can also place a crystal on each person’s desk to encourage positive outcomes.
- Have a solid wall behind your desk: It is an important feng shui principle to have a “Mountain Behind” which means that you are protected from any surprises and are best able to concentrate on your task at hand.
Maintain a clutter-free and comfortable work environment to ensure that your efforts to feng shui your business do not fall apart.
If you are serious about cleaning up your business’s energy, then taking feng shui classes online may be right for you. Contact the certified feng shui practitioners at Feng Shui Designs, Inc. to get started today!
Categorised in: Feng Shui Training